Output is the result of data processing activity when it is presented external to the system. The output from a computer can be in a form for use by people, for example, printed or displayed. There are four types of output, which are:
OUTPUT DEVICES-An output device is hardware that is capable of delivering or showing information to one or more users. An output device shows, prints and presents the results of a computer’s work.
TYPES OF OUTPUT DEVICES-A display device is an output device that visually conveys texts, graphics and video information. A printer is an output device that prints text and graphics on a physical medium such as paper or transparency film.An audio output device produces music, speech, or other sounds.
- Other output devices include Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) projectors and facsimile (fax) machines.- A monitor is an example of an output device that can be used to display text. It can also display graphics and video. It is similar to a television set that accepts video signals from a computer and displays information on its screen. - A printer is another example of an output device that can be used to print text, apart from graphics, on mediums such as paper, transparency film or even cloths.
- A photo printer is a colour printer that produces photo-lab-quality pictures.
- An image setter produces high quality output compared to an ordinary laser printer. An image setter is a high resolution output device that can transfer electronic text and graphics directly to film, plates, or photo-sensitive paper.
- A pair of speakers is an audio output device that generates sound. The headphone is a pair of small speakers placed over the ears and plugged into a port on the sound card. A woofer or subwoofer is used to boost the low bass sound and is connected to the port on the sound card.
- A Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) projector uses its own light source to project what is displayed on the computer on a wall or projection screen. A digital light processing (DLP) projector uses tiny mirrors to reflect light which can be seen clearly in a well-lit room.