Differences between Primary and Secondary Storage

primary storage

VS

secondary storage



PRIMARY STORAGE

SECONDARY STORAGE

All secondary storage is permanent

All secondary storage is permanent

Primary storage is expensive and smaller

Secondary storage is usually cheaper and large

Primary storage is smaller in capacity

Secondary storage is bigger capacity

- Primary storage is usually faster therefore more expensive

- Primary storage is closer to the CPU and/or is integrated onto it and therefore is faster

Secondary storage is closer to the CPU via cables and therefore is slower

Example : RAM, L2 Cache

Example : Hard Drive, CD-ROM

2 comments:

VERY helpful I really apperciate it. I have 1 extra cromozone,meaning I have up Sydrome. I am really Dumb and found this Website really good at confusing Me THANKS for NOTHING. UP SYDROME OUT

WHAT YOUR NAME. YOUR MOM GAY
I AM A STUDENT AS WELL AND I HAVE DEPRESSION HELP ME TO GET IN BED WITH YOUR MOM CHEERS I HAVE STDS SO I AM SMART AND CAN PULL OUT THANKS A MILL LOTS OF LOVE TUSHHY PUSSHY

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...